Here's your probability to profit from the easiest within the company. PowerShell Deep Dives is a trove of crucial suggestions, useful suggestions, and the professional insights you earn purely via years of expertise. Editors Jeffery Hicks, Richard Siddaway, Oisin Grehan, and Aleksandar Nikolic hand-picked the 28 chapters within the book's 4 components: management, Scripting, improvement, and Platforms.
About the Technology
PowerShell has completely replaced home windows management. This robust scripting and automation software helps you to keep an eye on almost each point of home windows and such a lot Microsoft servers like IIS and SQL Server. here is your probability to profit from the easiest within the business.
About this Book
PowerShell Deep Dives is a trove of crucial ideas and sensible information. it truly is wealthy with insights from specialists who gained them via years of expertise. The book's 28 chapters, grouped in 4 components (Administration, Scripting, improvement, and Platforms), have been hand-picked by way of 4 part editors: Jeffery Hicks, Richard Siddaway, Oisin Grehan, and Aleksandar Nikolic.
Whether you are simply getting began with PowerShell otherwise you already use it day-by-day, you will discover your self returning to this publication over and over.
- Managing platforms via a keyhole
- The Ten Commandments of PowerShell scripting
- Scalable scripting for giant datasets
- Adding computerized remoting
- Provisioning net servers and internet sites instantly to IIS 8
- And 23 extra remarkable chapters
Purchase of the print publication encompasses a loose publication in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning guides.
About the Authors Editors Jeffery Hicks, Richard Siddaway, Oisin Grehan, and Aleksandar Nikolic are joined via PowerShell specialists Chris Bellee, Bartek Bielawski, Robert C. Cain, Jim Christopher, Adam Driscoll, Josh Gavant, Jason Helmick, Don Jones, Ashley McGlone, Jonathan Medd, Ben Miller, James O'Neill, Arnaud Petitjean, Vadims Podans, Karl Prosser, Boe Prox, Matthew Reynolds, Mike Robbins, Donabel Santos, Will Steele, Trevor Sullivan, and Jeff Wouters.
Table of Contents
PART 1 POWERSHELL ADMINISTRATION
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting PowerShell remoting
- CIM classes 22
- Collecting and reading functionality counter data
- TCP port communications with PowerShell
- Managing structures via a keyhole
- Using PowerShell to audit person logon events
- Managing and administering a certification authority database with PowerShell
- Using PowerShell to lessen lively listing token bloat
PART 2 POWERSHELL SCRIPTING
- The 10 PowerShell scripting commandments
- Avoiding the pipeline
- A template for dealing with and reporting errors
- Tips and methods for developing advanced or complicated HTML experiences with PowerShell
- Using and "abusing" dynamic parameters
- PowerShell style formatting
- Scalable scripting for big facts units: pipeline and database techniques
- Building your individual WMI-based cmdlets
- Turning command-line instruments into PowerShell tools
PART three POWERSHELL FOR DEVELOPERS
- Using resource keep an eye on software program with PowerShell
- Inline .NET code
- PowerShell and XML: greater together
- Adding automated remoting to complex services and cmdlets
- Taming software program builds (and different advanced strategies) with psake
PART four POWERSHELL PLATFORMS
- PowerShell and the SQL Server provider
- Creating versatile subscriptions in SSRS
- Inventory database desk information utilizing PowerShell SQL Server administration Objects
- WSUS and PowerShell
- Provisioning IIS net servers and websites with PowerShell
- Active listing staff administration application