By Daniel L. Newman
The Arabic-English Thematic Lexicon is a useful source for all rookies of Arabic.
It comprises a few 8,000 entries, prepared into subject matters, together with natural world, food and drinks, the human physique, future health care, the relatives, housing, garments, schooling, IT, activities, politics, economics and trade, the legislation, media, language, geography, go back and forth, faith, arts, technological know-how, and average assets. 3 appendices disguise the names of Arab and chosen non-Arab areas, nations and capitals, and overseas companies.
The entries within the Lexicon have been drawn from an in depth corpus of latest regular Arabic vocabulary, according to actual assets. as well as verbs, nouns and adjectives, the Lexicon comprises words and everyday collocations, delivering clients with the required vocabulary with a view to speak successfully and with a bit of luck in either written and spoken commonplace Arabic.
The Lexicon presents an integral supplement to Arabic grammar guideline and likewise serves as an invaluable reference consultant for all Arabic language users.
Quick preview of Arabic-English Thematic Lexicon PDF
Best Linguistics books
During this quantity Martin Heidegger confronts the philosophical difficulties of language and starts off to spread the which means begind his well-known and little understood word "Language is the home of Being. "The "Dialogue on Language," among Heidegger and a eastern pal, including the 4 lectures that stick with, current Heidegger's significant rules at the foundation, nature, and importance of language.
A witty, fast paced consultant to putting off Spanish bloopers for newcomers blending genders, inverting topics and items, and trusting falsos amigos (a. ok. a. , fake cognates) are only a number of the error English-speaking Spanish-language newbies quite often make. In right Your Spanish mistakes, veteran Spanish instructor Jean Yates identifies those and different universal difficulty spots and obviously explains the explanations in the back of them.
The bestselling workbook on Spanish Verbs up-to-date with complete electronic aid that will help you grasp Spanish verb wisdom and usagePractice Makes ideal Spanish Verb Tenses explains with an extraordinary point of readability while and why a specific verb stressful can be used--not simply the proper kinds. This booklet also will provide you with lots of perform in utilizing your new language abilities, with greater than two hundred routines in writer Dorothy Richmond's uniquely interesting sort.
A groundbreaking medical exam of ways our brains comprehend politics from a brand new York instances bestselling authorOne of the realm 's best-known linguists and cognitive scientists, George Lakoff has a knack for making technology make experience for common readers. In his new e-book, Lakoff spells out what cognitive technological know-how has found approximately cause, and divulges that human cause is way extra fascinating than we idea it used to be.
- Languages: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
- A Practical Guide to Lexicography (Terminology and Lexicography Research and Practice)
- Maimonides and the Sciences
- The Language of London: Cockney Rhyming Slang
- Language and Symbolic Power
- The Philosophy of Logical Atomism (Routledge Classics)
Extra info for Arabic-English Thematic Lexicon
2. to alter (money) three. to move, remit (money) ﺧْﺒﺮة ِ event ﺧِﺒﻴﺮ َِ professional ُ pl. ﺧَﺒﺮاُء ﺧَﺪَم َ (i, u) َّ َد ﺟﺎل ِ َدﺟﺎ pl. ون-, ﺟﻠﺔ swindler, cheat ﺟَﻞ َ ( َدu) to misinform, dupe, cheat َ َﺧﻞ َ َد ﺣِّﻴﺰ اﻟَّﺘْﻨِﻔﻴﺬ to return into impression ﺟﻞ ْ َد deceit, trickery ﺧﻞ ْ َد source of revenue, profit ِدْرَﻫﻢ dirham (currency) ُ َدراِﻫ pl. ﻢ َدْﻓَﺘﺮ َ pl. دﻓﺎِﺗﺮ ﻲ ّ ﺣﺴﺎِﺑ ِ دﻓﺘﺮ to serve creditor ledger, sign up 1. account publication 2. bankbook ECONOMICS AND trade 141 ﺸﻴﻜﺎت ِّ دﻓﺘﺮ اﻟ cheque booklet راﺋﺞ widespread (product) ُّ دﻓﺘﺮ اﻟ ﺼْﻨُﺪوق cashbook ِرﺑﺎء usurious curiosity دﻓﺘﺮ اﻟَﻴْﻮِﻣ َّﻴﺔ magazine ( َدَﻓَﻊa) to pay ِرْﺑﺢ pl. رﺑﺎح ْأ َدْﻓﻊ money ﻲ ّ ﺟﻤﺎِﻟ ْ ِرْﺑﺢ إ gross proﬁt store, shop ف ٍ ِرْﺑﺢ ﺻﺎ internet proﬁt ( َرِﺑﺢَ ﻣﻦa) to proﬁt from ى ّ ِرَﺑِﻮ usurious ُد َّﻛﺎن pl. ﻦ ُ َدﻛﺎِﻛﻴ ﺨِّﻠﻔﺔ َ ُدَول ُﻣَﺘ underdeveloped (lit. ‘backward’) international locations proﬁt nations ﻲ ّ ﺟﻞ آِﻟ ُ َر ِ pl. رﺟﺎل آِﻟ ُّﻴﻮن ُدِول ﻧﺎِﻣ َّﻴﺔ constructing nations ﺟﻞ اﻷْﻋﻤﺎل ُ َر businessman َدْوﻟﺔ اﻟَّﺮﻓﺎه welfare nation َرﺧﺎء prosperity ُدَول ُﻣَﺘَﻘِّﺪﻣﺔ دوﻻر pl. اتَدْﻳﻦ pl. دُﻳﻮن ُ constructed greenback debt ﻖ ّ ﺤ َ ﺴَﺘ ْ َدْﻳﻦ ُﻣ striking debt َّ َدْﻳﻦ ُﻣَﻮ ﺣﺪ consolidated debt ِدﻳﻨﺎر dinar pl. ﺮ ُ َدﻧﺎِﻧﻴ راِﺑﺢ َرأس ﻣﺎل pl. ﻣﻮال ْ ُرُؤوس أ رأﺳﻤﺎل pl. ﻞ ُ َرﺳﺎِﻣﻴ profitable capital see رأس ﻣﺎل ﺧﻴﺺ ِ َر pl. رﺧﺎص ُ َرّد robotic reasonable compensation ُ ُر pl. دود ﺳﻢ ْ َر pl. ﺳﻮم ُ ُر 1. customs responsibility (tax) 2. cost three. rules ﻲ ّ ﺧﻮِﻟ ُ ﺳﻢ ُد ْ َر import responsibility ﺼﺎِدر َّ رﺳﻢ اﻟ export responsibility ﻲ ّ ﺳﻢ ِﻗﻴِﻤ ْ َر advert valorem responsibility ﺳﻮم اﻟَﺒَﻠِﺪّﻳﺔ ُ ُر municipal tax ﺻَﺪ َ ( َرi) to watch َّ َر ﺻَﺪ to allocate (funds) ﻲ ّ رأس ﻣﺎِﻟ capitalist ﺐ َ راَﻗ to oversee ﺻﻴﺪ ِ َر ِ أْر pl. ﺻﺪة راِﻫﻦ mortgager (َرَﻋﻰ )َﻳْﺮَﻋﻰ to sponsor راَوحَ َﺑْﻴَﻦ to ﬂuctuate among ( َرَﻓَﻊa) to elevate (e. g. costs, taxes) 1. stability 2. inventory 142 ECONOMICS AND trade َرﻓﺎﻫﺔ luxurious ﺳﺎَﻫﻢَ ﻓﻲ to give a contribution to ﻲ َ ( َرِﻗa) to upward push to (rank) ﺳﺎَوَم to haggle َرّﻗﻰ to advertise َ ﺐ َ ﺳَّﺒ to reason manager ﺐ َ ﺤ َ ﺳ َ (a) to withdraw (e. g. funds) َ ﺳَّﺪدَ َدْﻳﻨًﺎ to settle a debt َرِﻗﻴﺐ ُ pl. رَﻗﺒﺎُء ﺐ َ َرَّﻛ to collect ( َرَﻛَﺪu) to stagnate ﺳْﻌﺮ ِ pl. ﺳﻌﺎر ْ أ ُرُﻛﻮد 1. sluggishness, stagnation ﺳْﻌﺮ اﻟَﺒْﻴﻊ ِ retail rate 2. recession trade expense َرْﻣِﺰّﻳﺔ ﺤِﻮﻳﻞ ْ ﺳﻌﺮ اﻟَّﺘ brand ِ ﺸِﻐﻴﻞ ْ ﺳْﻌﺮاﻟ َّﺘ operating expense ( َرَﻫَﻦa) 1. to pawn َّ ﺳْﻌﺮ اﻟ ِ ﺼْﺮف see ﺳﻌﺮ اﻟﺘﺤﻮﻳﻞ three. to loan ﺳْﻌﺮ اﻟﻔﺎﺋﺪة rate of interest 1. personal loan ﺳْﻜِﺮِﺗﻴﺮة ِ secretary ﺳِﺘْﻬﻼِﻛّﻴﺔ ْ ﺳَﻠﻊ ِا ِ buyer items ﺳْﻠﻌﺔ ِ commodity 2. to deposit as defense َرْﻫﻦ pl. ﻫﻮن ُ ُر, ُرُﻫﻮﻧﺎت, ِرﻫﺎن 2. pledge, safeguard see ﺛﻤﻦ َرْﻫِﻨﻴﺔ loan (deed) َرواج marketability ج َ َر َّو to bring about the marketplace ﺳَﻠﻒ َ pl.